Monday, March 21, 2011

Paula Deen- My Hero

Here is a short biography on Paula Deen from About.com


Ms. Deen is a southern restauranteur and cooking show host. She is flamboyant, gorgeous, rich and all together lovely. She is also a perfect example of one who bloomed lately. She overcame debilitating illness, divorce, single parenthood and potential poverty- all after 40 years old. As I like to say, sometimes it takes a minute for everything to click and fall into place in life. I believe that many of us who bloom at or near mid-life tend to shine brightest. We know what we want and don't have time to waste on distractions. Ms. Deen focused on a couple of things- feeding her boys and cooking. Having lived a little life first helped, I'm certain, in doing that.

Additionally, I like to focus on successful people who changed paths mid-life for reason a reason other than the obvious. These folks, these famous, popular and influential folks were once exactly where I am now. At some point Paula Deen was sitting on her bed saying to herself, "Things can't go on like this. I don't know what to do next but I have to do something differently.". Then, by hook or crook, bam!, she's eventually THE Paula Deen. Her story and that of others reminds me that anything is possible at any time in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment